The 2015 Anniversary Convention theme is Upside Down as girls (and adults!) learn how Jesus’ example of humility, kindness, and boldness turned the world upside down and showed us what it means to live our faith as a witness to others. We’ll gather at Anderson University, Anderson, Indiana (just outside of Indianapolis) June 24-27, 2015.
Why is this convention special? Let me count the ways!
- It’s our 20th anniversary, and every 5th year the girls are invited to participate. There is a complete lineup of workshops and activities designed just for them, from Tenderhearts through Patriots. They can go hiking, practice their dance skills, learn new jumprope games, go on a search-and-rescue scavenger hunt, and participate in a Top-Secret Record Breaker!
- Workshops for volunteers and parents, too many to list! There are workshops for new Troops and experienced Troops. Workshops that cover program development and girl leadership. Workshops that talk about the ministry of parenting and ministering to the hearts of girls. Your biggest problem will be choosing!
- It’s being held in Anderson, Indiana, just outside of Indianapolis, which makes it accessible to a whole lot of AHG families;
- Morning praise music featuring Christian Contemporary recording artist Kerrie Roberts;
- Introduction of new badges and sports pins;
- Special Level Award recognitions;
- Celebration dinner, group service project, AHG partner exhibit area and AHG Attic shopping opportunities;
- Special concert and Q&A time with 2012 Dove Award winner Jamie Grace;
- Closing Session featuring AHG Executive Director and Founder, Patty Garabay.
And best of all — the opportunity to meet hundreds of other AHG girls, families, and volunteers from across the nation! It will be an experience like none other.
There are a several different options for housing, including dormortories, campground cabins, RV rentals, tents, and nearby hotels.
Visit the AHG Convention web page for more information and registration instructions.